Dawn DeRidder is vice president at Regions Bank and has lived in Indianapolis for the last 12 years. Her immediate family includes her husband John and their children Ashley and Andrew.
Dawn has a very personal connection to our cause: at the age of 49, she was diagnosed with Stage III Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC), which is a rare and very aggressive cancer that typically produces no lumps or masses. Now, three years later, Dawn says she is very encouraged by the new options that have been and continue to be developed to treat the different forms of breast cancer.
“I credit these new treatments, as one of them was instrumental in being able to say that I am now cancer free! None of this would have been possible without financial support from Komen,” Dawn said.
- Favorite vacation spot: Traverse City, Michigan in the fall. It’s never complete without a trip to Kilwin’s Fudge for some treats, or fishing for salmon on the Boardman River!
- Favorite watering hole in Indy: I can’t say that I have one favorite place – it really depends on what I’m in the mood for. I have a long-standing love affair with food, so that overrides everything!
- Random fact: I once sang for President Gerald R. Ford at a gathering for him at the Kent County Airport in Grand Rapids, Mich. when he was in office!
- Dream car: Fire Engine Red Chevy Camaro
- Favorite color: Royal blue