24th Komen Central Indiana Race for the Cure
24th Annual Susan G. Komen Central Indiana Race for the Cure®
It’s More Than a Race. It’s your chance to fight breast cancer close to home.
Race for a world without breast cancer at the 24th annual Susan G. Komen Central Indiana Race for the Cure® on Saturday morning, April 18, at the historic Military Park in Downtown Indianapolis. Registration is open at www.komenindy.org/race.
Komen Central Indiana Race for the Cure turns the city pink each April. But with activities for all ages and a Pink Parade of breast cancer survivors, this event is truly more than a Race. The 2015 Race will include opening ceremonies, the annual Pink Parade of breast cancer survivors, a 5K timed competitive run, a 5K non-competitive run/walk, a one-mile family walk, Kids’ Dash, In Color Station and much more!
In 2014, Race participants and donors raised $1.3 million. Beginning close to home, funds are used wisely, locally and in ways that directly benefit women, men and families who are dealing with the costly challenge of breast cancer in our community. Local dollars also serve beyond our community as they fund a significant portion of the best breast cancer research around the world. Race for the Cure is your chance to fight breast cancer close to home.
Registration is $30 for the non-timed 5K run/walk participants and $25 for survivors. Individuals who cannot attend on Race day can support the effort by registering to Sleep In for the Cure®.
Visit www.komenindy.org/race for more information and to register for the 24th Annual Komen Central Indiana Race for the Cure.
Race Day Timeline
Saturday, April 18 – Military Park in downtown Indianapolis.
- 7:00 – 8:30 a.m. Registration Shelter (register or pick up your Race shirt packets if you have already registered)
- 7:15 a.m. Survivors meet at the Survivors’ Tent
- 7:30 – 8:40 a.m. Opening Ceremony & Pink Parade of Survivors
- 8:40 a.m. Kids’ Dash (100-yard dash for children ages 2 through 8; all children participating in the Kids’ Dash must be officially registered for the Race, wearing a Kids’ Dash bib and accompanied by a parent or guardian)
- 8:40 a.m. Aerobic Warm-Up / Zumba
- 9:00 a.m. Competitive 5K Run Start
- 9:10 a.m. Participant 5K Run/Walk Start
- 9:20 a.m. One-Mile Family Walk Start