- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
2019 Race for the Cure Ambassadors
Become a 2019 Susan G. Komen Central Indiana Race for the Cure® Ambassador
We are seeking breast cancer survivors/thrivers (women or men) who are willing to share their story with the central Indiana community.
In preparation for the 2019 Susan G. Komen Central Indiana Race for the Cure®, we will select roughly 10 ambassadors who are breast cancer survivors/thrivers to represent our organization on a local level in the months and weeks leading up to Race through local media opportunities, community outreach events and by serving on the Race committee. You will also have the opportunity to connect and socialize with other Ambassadors.
What we’re looking for:
– Breast cancer survivors and thrivers
– Diversity in breast cancer experience (for example, age at diagnosis, type of diagnosis)
– Excellent communication skills; comfortable speaking in front of a camera and to a group of people
– Willingness to share your personal breast cancer journey and represent Komen Central Indiana in the community
– People who are interested in getting involved with Komen as volunteers beyond Race
– Ability to attend in-person meetings in the Indianapolis area
If selected, responsibilities include:
– Attend a meet-and-greet event with the 2019 Ambassadors at 5:30 pm on Thursday, January 31 at the Komen Central Indiana office *required
– Attend an Ambassador training at 6 pm on Thursday, March 21 at the Komen Central Indiana office *required
– Attend two Race for the Cure committee meetings on February 17 and March 7*optional
– Attend the Indianapolis Race on Saturday, April 27, 2019 *required
– Media interviews and speaking opportunities for Race on an as-needed basis
Interested? Apply here!
*Deadline to submit application is Friday, December 28, 2018. Selected Ambassadors will be notified by Friday, January 18, 2019.